Step 8: Sudden Expansion!

Ok Those of you who think I have too much time on my hands, or no life should turn away now. :P

This Picture Says it All.
After all that work on the stands. And after 2 Revisions I had to do it again...

See, once I started adding the Entrances on the stands, I realized that the symetry was off and that my entrances were going to be crooked.

So I deftly backed up the map file and started dis-assembling half my stadium to add 50 feet to either dimension





This time around though I had a lot of help from Copy & Paste.

I first started out by copying the external wall and pasting it on the new boundary.






This led to some more excavation.
This is actually where I stopped to take some screenshots of the dirt.



To Excavate, I cut the area to clear into smaller sections, then used "Fill Air" to clear out the sections.


The fill command fills the blocks in in waves so you get an effect like this where the blocks are disappearing a few at a time, but leaving random blocks behind until the next pass






Finally after a few more hours, I had finished re-building the stands!
This time the field centered onto the middle of a section rather than on a frameline.

You can see in this pic the extra space this expansion made for the field level.
The green field was the original field size while the grey border around it is the space gained by the expansion. This also allows for a european Football Field as well, Though I haven't made one to add to this stadium yet.

On to Step 9!